What does the Simple Text Formatting service provide?
Book Layout and Design
SIMPLE fiction and prose-style non-fiction text layout
This custom text design package combines basic design elements with limited customer service contact. This is a very good choice for those who require a little extra hand holding.
- Up to 15 minute initial Skype chat consultation with Project Coordinator to establish general book layout, graphic design and type faces.
- Email consultation with Project Coordinator
- Creation of title page/inside cover
- Creation of copyright page
- Creation of table of contents (if needed)
- Layout up to 100 pages of text with running heads and folios (page numbers) from your MS Word document
- Up to 10 photos, 300 dpi furnished by you, or depositphotos.com, placed in the book
- One PDF proof for proofreading
- 1 round of corrections (up to 20 corrections). Additional corrections $1 each
- Final PDF proof for OK prior to sending file to printer
- Final PDF files for offset or digital printing*
Designer will create the template for a fast turnaround and a simple, yet professional, layout. This level of composition includes traditional design elements and works best for manuscripts consisting of basic text only, with no images, tables, lists, or text that must be offset from the main body.
When you purchase the Simple interior design option, you may choose from the following basic elements:
- Trim Size: any size up to 8.5×11, please verify with printing plant to make sure they produce the size you want
- Main Body Font: One Serif, or One San-Serif (we furnish you font styles, click here)
- Main Body Font Size: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 pt.
Let Our Designers Do the Rest!
- Page and margin settings, including gutters, to best suit the needs of your manuscript.
- Frontal Matter, including proper setup of your title page, testimonials, copyright notice and disclaimer, acknowledgments, dedication, table of contents, preface, foreword, or other introductory pages.
- Chapter headings will be standardized with a common font, size, and layout.
- Authors may choose to include a single-level table of contents created from chapter headings.
- Running heads will alternate author name/book title. (You may also choose no running head.)
- Page numbers will be automated and set in running feet.
- All fonts will be standardized according to in-house style guidelines.
- Text will be fully justified, flush left, or centered – you choice; paragraphs will be indented; and line spacing will be set to proper spacing for easy readability.
- All layouts include a FREE printer-ready PDF for publication or print. You may use this file to submit directly to your publisher or printer!
To begin your project click below, make your deposit – and we will begin.
INTERMEDIATE BOOK DESIGN from $149.
INTRICATE BOOK DESIGN from $199.
CHILDREN BOOK DESIGN from $59.
The typesetting and re-formatting of your manuscripts does not include any editing of content. Editing services are a specialized service and are available for an additional fee. Our staff includes two published authors, ghostwriters, editors, and proof readers.
Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The typesetting and re-formatting of your manuscripts does not include cover design. If you need a cover designed, we will give you information on how to design your own, or a link that you can use to order from our own cover design department and what they can do for you. For more information on covers. Contact Us at email@example.com
What is the author or publisher responsible for once the service is purchased?
The author or publisher is responsible for submitting their final version of the manuscript in a .doc or .docx file. Formatting service does not include editing content. Although editing services are available, they cannot be performed as part of the formatting time schedule.
The author or publisher is responsible for making all final creative decisions and for approving the final files. The author or publisher will need to approve the format. The author or publisher agrees to respond to our project coordinator’s requests within 2-3 business days.
Got your manuscript? Get it proof read – Do it NOW! Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have multiple levels of design: simple, intermediate, advanced, and kids books, and multiple types of books – for print, for download from your site, for Amazon Kindle, for Barnes and Noble Nook, Apple, and others. This page is only to advise you that we can do virtually anything involving a book, and we can do 3 day service on standard formatting services for simple layouts. For intricate projects we can give frontal page proofs in 3 days and finish the book in a few days depending on number of pages.